The goal of every Christian is to become more like Jesus. But the problem comes when we think we’re going to achieve that today. It’s a lifelong journey, a process, a walk. Following Jesus is about the steps we take every day, and as Christians, we have divine help in taking those steps—the Holy Spirit. What is the step God is asking you to take? What’s holding you back from taking it?
John 16:13 NIV
2 Corinthians 1:21-22 NIV
2Corinthians 5:5 NIV
Exodus 34:6-7 NIV
Small Group Questions
- Are you able to think of one thing about your life that you would like to change?
- Write down five things that might prevent you from achieving your goal.
- What power do you have to accomplish your goal?
- How is the Holy Spirit like God’s investment in your life?
- What are ways that you can listen to the Holy Spirit and know where the Spirit is leading you?
- Once we know the next step to take, how can we help each other take those steps?
- Considering your personal goal and potential roadblocks, what is the step that you need to take this week that will move you in the direction you want to go? Remember to think of a step that is realistic considering your past experiences and your current schedule. It should not be based on a comparison between yourself and someone else. It has to be specific.
Question of the week
What would help you feel ready to take the step you know you need to take—support, accountability, prayer?
Find someone that you can share your goal with and keep you accountable.