If you’ve ever found yourself stumbling around in a dark room looking for a light, then you know what life without the help of the Bible looks like. Instead of waiting until the dark moments to turn to it, God wants you to see the Bible as a tool that can help you light up your whole path.
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path (Psalm 119:105 NIV).
Small Group Questions
Pick one of the verses and answer the seven arrows.
Ephesians 6:10-18 – Armor of God
Psalm 119:105 – Light
1 Corinthians 10:13 – Temptation
Deuteronomy 31:6 – Strong and Courageous
Ephesians 6:1-3 – Honor your parents
The Seven Arrows are seven simple questions designed to take the mystery out of Bible study.
by Matt Rogers and Donny Mathis
What does this passage say?
What did this passage mean to its original audience?
What does this passage tell us about God?
What does this passage tell us about man?
What does this passage demand of me?
How does this passage change the way I relate to people?
How does this passage prompt me to pray to God?
Questions of the week
- If you are looking for answers in the Bible, why is it so difficult to know where to look and what to look for?
- What’s one area of your life that you wish you could see more clearly than you do right now?
- How could the Bible bring light to that area of your life?
- Do you have access to a Bible? If so, do you have a version of the Bible you understand?
- How can you remind yourself to embrace the 7 questions as you read this week?
Pick one chapter from the Bible and answer the 7 questions.